replacing home theater in a box receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by AndrewKra, Jan 9, 2005.

1. AndrewKra

AndrewKra Agent

I own a sony dav-bc150 home theater in a box system and just recently I got a dish network receiver that supports digital audio output. The receiver/dvd that came with the DAV-bc150 system does not have digital audio inputs. I am looking for a receiver that will be compatible with the speakers that came with that system and has a digital audio input for my sattelite receiver. If there is one, I am looking for a cost effective solution to this problem.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    As long as the speakers are 8 ohm, you’ll have no problem using them with the receiver of your choice. Some HTIB speakers have wires that come with proprietary plugs; you can cut them of and connect the speakers directly to the receiver.

The caveat will probably be that the HTIB’s sub is not self-powered, but powered by the HTIB itself. You can get around this by using the HTIB as the amplifier for the sub.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. AndrewKra

AndrewKra Agent

does anyone know of a nice receiver that either has a dvd plaer built in or has 2 digital audio inputs?? I am looking for one around 100 to 150 dollars if that is possible. also, my sub isnt self powered so you would have to keep taht in mind.

4. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Also the problem of not being able to set the crossover to near the speakers bass performance, this will be a major problem if the satellites are Bose-like in low-end "performance"

Most av amps have enought crossover settings, just check and find out speaker F3 point and whether the av amp can be set around that point.