Replacing a single Family Guy disc

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charles CB, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Charles CB

Charles CB Agent

I accidentally dropped one of my Family Guy discs the other day and it landed on a sharp corner of a table. Unfortunately, this left a horrible scratch on the disc and now only half of the episodes will play. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to just buy or replace a single disc. This is disc 3 to be exact. Thanks for any help.

2. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

I have a better solution:

Do you have any place like this:

http://www.cdwarehouse.com/

I know in my area they have a resurfacing machine. The cost is only $3.00
    Probably much cheaper than trying to get a replacement disc. Worth a shot anyway.

Good luck. [​IMG]

3. Charles CB

Charles CB Agent

Hey thanks. I just did search and there is one located 15 minutes away from me. If they do have a resurfacing thingamajig like you said, that would be way better that having to replace the disc. HOW DELICIOUSLY EVIL!!! (All family guy fans should know what that means)

4. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

You are quite welcome. They have a deal currently in the Mpls/St.Paul area where you can print out a coupon to get a free resurfacing. They even do it to the discs they sell you, i.e. you pick out a disc with a slight scuff and simply ask them to resurface and they do it for free, sometimes without even asking.

5. Charles CB

Charles CB Agent

Well I had my DVD resurfaced and I thought everything would be fine. The disc looked completely brand new and we even played a little bit of it at the store to check it out. Then hen I got home I tried to watch the disc again. Unfortunately, its still screwed up. So does anyone know if there is a way to just get this single disc replaced? Like possibly writing to FOX or something? Then again, I wouldn't even know where in FOX to write to.

6. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

Charles, I was wondering how this turned out for you. I just started watching my Family Guy box and noticed a scratch (out of the box) which is affecting a whole episode (Brian's in love). I did a search to see if anyone else purchased this box with a defective disc when I came upon this thread.

7. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Well there are no problems with my set (including the "Brian In Love" episode). I've watched this set countless times since May and haven't had any problems. I'm just anxiously awaiting next Tuesday when Season 3 becomes available. I'll finally own the entire series, plus the un-aired episode. Gotta love it.

8. MarkBurton

MarkBurton Second Unit

You could always try Fox's Consumer Hotline at 1-888-223-2FOX.