Replacing a bumper, headlight assembly

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam Lenhardt, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

My first night back in Albany, and I'm coming down a hill doing five under the speed limit when I catch a turn and my back end yanked out from under me and I go swirving into a guardrail.
    Everything (including the headlight) still worked fine so I didn't even realize there was damage until I checked it out at the nearest gas station.
    There's a chunk out of my front bumper and the right headlight cover is smashed but the headlight itself is still functional. Two panels and the hood are bent. The right blinker is blinking to fast which leads me to fear that the light assembly got pushed into the vehicle.
    My question for any car buffs out there, is what's a rough guesstimate of what repairs will run me on a '96 Cirrus?
    I'd rather not total it because I've put alot of money into the body (new transmission, break lines, fuel pump, steering fluid lines etc.) Any input would be appreciated

2. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

replace with used junk yard parts you may be looking at about $1000 tops. replace with new parts, that would have to be painted, you are looking at about $2500.

As for the turn signal going to fast, most likely that just means your front turn signal bulb got smashed/broke and you just need to replace the bulb.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Thanks for the info, Dennis![​IMG]