What's new

Replacement Projector Lamps? (1 Viewer)

AndrewVital

Agent
Hey,
I've got a NEC HT1000 Projector with 1700 hours on it, and since its got a 2000 hour life ( i run in econo mode) i'll be needing a replacememnt, so I thought id be prepared with one waiting when it reaches 2000 hours.

A few questions:
Does anyone make these other then NEC? THe cheapest i could find one ( i need a LT60LPK) is $355. Since this proj is just under a year old that'll be like 355 a year for its use, not too too bad but obviously cheaper the better.
If NEC is the only vender, IE no generics are available, is there anyone that would sell in a quantity discount? Obviously i'm gonna need them so if i bought 2 or 3 at a time to save some cash that'd be good.

Finally, should I just change it at 2000 hours? or do I wait till it goes?

Thanks,

- Andrew

SimiA

Second Unit
I believe NEC is the only one making your bulb at the moment.
$355 sounds like a good price for your unit.
I paid $250 for my NEC LT 150 replacement,and it only lasts about 1000 hours.
I'd change the bulb before it goes. If it explodes, it's no fun.
Vb

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I've never seen a non-manufacturer replacement lamp...

well, okay, there are exceptions, but not really. Some Proxima and InFocus (and someone else) are interchangable, but that's because it's the same projector with three different name plates on it.

The number you said doesn't sound too terrible, but do look around, there's a great deal of varience in lamp costs. (The Christie DS-30 lamp, for example, is available on a casual search from $699 - $1000, and is listed on GSA at $549. That's a pretty big range...)

Leo Kerr

AndrewVital

Agent

I already inquired about getting mine rebuilt, but I can't find a place that rebuilds my lamps, and its 250 for the rebuild, for another 100 i'd rather have brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks