1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement Projector Lamps?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AndrewVital, Dec 25, 2004.

1. AndrewVital

AndrewVital Agent

Hey,
    I've got a NEC HT1000 Projector with 1700 hours on it, and since its got a 2000 hour life ( i run in econo mode) i'll be needing a replacememnt, so I thought id be prepared with one waiting when it reaches 2000 hours.

A few questions:
    Does anyone make these other then NEC? THe cheapest i could find one ( i need a LT60LPK) is $355. Since this proj is just under a year old that'll be like 355 a year for its use, not too too bad but obviously cheaper the better.
    If NEC is the only vender, IE no generics are available, is there anyone that would sell in a quantity discount? Obviously i'm gonna need them so if i bought 2 or 3 at a time to save some cash that'd be good.

Finally, should I just change it at 2000 hours? or do I wait till it goes?

Thanks,

- Andrew

2. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

I believe NEC is the only one making your bulb at the moment.
    $355 sounds like a good price for your unit.
    I paid $250 for my NEC LT 150 replacement,and it only lasts about 1000 hours.
    I'd change the bulb before it goes. If it explodes, it's no fun.
    Vb

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

I've never seen a non-manufacturer replacement lamp...

well, okay, there are exceptions, but not really. Some Proxima and InFocus (and someone else) are interchangable, but that's because it's the same projector with three different name plates on it.

The number you said doesn't sound too terrible, but do look around, there's a great deal of varience in lamp costs. (The Christie DS-30 lamp, for example, is available on a casual search from $699 - $1000, and is listed on GSA at $549. That's a pretty big range...)

Leo Kerr

4. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Supporting Actor

How are the quality or rebuilt lamps? I was thinking about getting some.

5. AndrewVital

AndrewVital Agent

I already inquired about getting mine rebuilt, but I can't find a place that rebuilds my lamps, and its 250 for the rebuild, for another 100 i'd rather have brand new.