What's new

Replacement LCD panel for a Panasonic projector (1 Viewer)

Ryan_Gil

Auditioning
Hello,

This is my first posting in the forum. I apologize if this is not the correct sub group for my question.

I have a Panasonic PT-L711U projector, with an LCD panel that is in need of replacement. Upon contacting Panasonic, I found that it was not only difficult to find someone who was able to quote me a price on a new panel, but that a new panel would cost in the area of $1500-1700. Being that I regularly see identical units used in the price range or less, I decided against this option.

My question is, does anyone know of a dealer that either sells discount used parts for LCD projectors. Or, is there anyone or anyplace that might have broken projectors that they are will in to sell or part out.

Thanks,
Ryan

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Which panel do you need? If it's more than one, the cost will exceed the value of your projector (and even one may do that, depending on the color). I just picked up an entire PTL711XU for $950 with all accessories and some extra stuff, about 450 hours on the bulb. I've seen similar units on eBay for about the same price, some even less, you might check there. We work with Panasonic directly, but also with their major distributors, and none provide any discounts. An LCD panel is the type of thing you aren't going to find companies keeping in stock when it's $600-1000 or more and likely not in high demand.

I'm sorry to say that I would probably be looking at a new/used projector, unless you can pick up a used one of your specific model for a few hundred bucks that you know has good panels.

Aaron Gilbert

Ryan_Gil

Auditioning
It is the blue panel only. However, the panels are monochromatic. There are colored gels that provide the RGB.

You are correct Aaron, if I can't find a inexpensive replacement, the part will exceed the cost of a quality used model. But I was hoping I would get lucky and find someone with a malfunctioning model. I have been keeping my eye on Ebay for the past couple months.

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks