Replacement Killers SE details?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin T, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Justin T

Justin T Agent

Does anyone have any info on this and what will be on this disc? When exactly does it come out?

2. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

16x9, DD 5.1, a 'making-of' featurette, "Chow Yun Fat Goes Hollywood" featurette, deleted scenes, alternate ending and director's commentary

3/5/02

3. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Stunt Coordinator

Are you guys serious??

I just bought the current DVD this past Friday. I love it. Now there is going to be an S.E.?? Damn!!

I saw this movie when it was originally released theatrically. I have loved it ever since. Very stylish.

Correct me if I am wrong but the current disc is already 16X9 and has Dolby Digital 5.1 right?? It looks and sounds fantastic. I don't think there is room for improvement in these two departments. But I love commentary tracks and alternate endings.

Carlos

4. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Carlos, you're right -- it's DD 5.1 and 16x9 -- but only one one side -- it's a dual-side disc. If they go with a dual layer and drop P&S transfer that could result in a better image quality. I also think that the original was encoded at 384 kbp/s, not 448 kbp/s as the newer DVDs do.

5. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

A good rule of thumb with Columbia DVDs:

if you see a title marked down to $9.99 - $14.99, then there's a good chance that they're "clearing inventory" in anticipation of a new SE.

Just a tip...