replacement for Yamaha RX-Z1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David Susilo, May 21, 2003.

1. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Now that the Yamaha RX-Z1 is old, anybody have any news about its replacement?

2. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

David;

What are you talking about! The Z-1 is still Yamaha flagship A/V Receiver, and much better sounding than my DSP-A1, which I will replace with a Z-1 before the year's over.

The rumor from my local dealer is that Yamaha may be planning to come out with a non-plus-ultra A/V unit in the upper end price category of $4,000 - $5,500, but that Yamaha is not clear whether to keep the Z-1 to cover the price point it currently fills, or to eliminate it altogether. Since A/V Receivers (all brands) in the upper price range don't sell well (I'm not making this up, it's a fact) I will speculate that Yamaha will keep its killer Z-1 at its current price niche. IMHO, no one-box A/V receiver touches the versatility and sound quality of the Z-1 at US $2,800 MSRP.

Get your wallet out, that BIG XYZ-1 unit is supposed to come out in October...

jaime B

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

David, the z1 came out about a year ago, I think. Yamaha releases a new flagship generaly every other year so I would be expecting its' replacement at the beginning of next year.