What's new

replacement for Yamaha RX-Z1 (1 Viewer)

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
David;

What are you talking about! The Z-1 is still Yamaha flagship A/V Receiver, and much better sounding than my DSP-A1, which I will replace with a Z-1 before the year's over.

The rumor from my local dealer is that Yamaha may be planning to come out with a non-plus-ultra A/V unit in the upper end price category of $4,000 - $5,500, but that Yamaha is not clear whether to keep the Z-1 to cover the price point it currently fills, or to eliminate it altogether. Since A/V Receivers (all brands) in the upper price range don't sell well (I'm not making this up, it's a fact) I will speculate that Yamaha will keep its killer Z-1 at its current price niche. IMHO, no one-box A/V receiver touches the versatility and sound quality of the Z-1 at US $2,800 MSRP.

Get your wallet out, that BIG XYZ-1 unit is supposed to come out in October...

jaime B

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
David, the z1 came out about a year ago, I think. Yamaha releases a new flagship generaly every other year so I would be expecting its' replacement at the beginning of next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks