What's new

Replacement for VSX-55TXi? (1 Viewer)

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I am ready to upgrade from my pioneer vsxd-812 and was strongly considering the Elite VSX-55TXi the only thing holding me back is that I know this receiver has been out for a while and I don't want to buy it and then have a new model come out a couple of months later. I am in no big rush and would be willing to wait a few months. Does anyone know anything about a new model? Thanks?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
A while? Umm. It hasn't been more than about 7/8 months since its release, since I picked up my 53TX just as it was released in early September.

You won't see new models from Pioneer for a while.

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I'm picking the 55 because I have the elite 47 dvd player and I want to connect them with the i link for dvd audio and sacd. I used to work at an audio video store that sells pioneer (not elite), but they will order elite stuff for me at give it to me for their cost. Havent asked how much that is yet thaugh. Does the 55TXi have component video up conversion?

TyreeS

Agent
do you have a ball park on what your price will be? im looking at the 53 or 55 but the 55 comes in about $300 - $400 cheaper $600 vs $1000. if you know of a good price on the 55tx plz share :) i dont know if ilink is worth the extra $400

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I think the only difference between the two is the rs-232 port and the ilink. If you're not going to use these go with the 53. 600 and 1000 are really good prices, far below MSRP.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Where are you getting those prices Tyree?

And yes, the difference betwen the 53 and 55 is quite minimal. The remote is different though, but to me, that's not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks