1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement for "Short Cinema" series?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gord Lacey, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I've been rewatching some of the "Short Cinema" releases with my girlfriend lately, and I've been craving more. Sadly, "Short Cinema" died a few years ago, but has anything come to take its place? I have volumes 1-11, but skipped on the International releases since they appeared to be made up of stuff I had already seen.

Does anyone know of something similar to the "Short Cinema" series; short films, documentaries and animations on a disc. I just ordered the "More" SE disc the other day; that was a highlight from the "Short" series for me.

Gord

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

No idea about a replacement, but I was always disappointed that they never got the Architect's Journal off the ground.

3. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Second Unit

Best of Resfest is pretty good. They only have put out three volumes (and I believe the first may be OOP now)

I love short films, but it seems that dvd distribution just wasn't doing as well as they hoped. I think there is a major future for shorts in the realm of itunes and the like.

I have been filling out my Shorts collection, but some of them are fetching a bit more than I would be willing to pay.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

The first Short Cinema was one of the first DVDs I bought, and I bought all the other volumes as they came out. I never heard what caused its demise, but I wish somebody would bring it back.