What's new

Replacement for RP91 (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I love my RP91 but I know one day it will bite the dust. What would you recommend for someone who watches 99.9% film based DVDs as a replacement for the RP91?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Pray that someday some company has the brains to release a decent alternative. Why is it so hard to get a dvd player with aspect ratio control and rp91 picture quality (farouda deinterlacer, etc.)?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
The RP91 doesn't have the Faroudja de-interlacer, it does have a great MPEG decoder though.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

This has frustrated me, too. I still have not found a player that makes me want to upgrade from my RP-91 for these reasons. I sure hope mine does not die before something comparable hits the market. I'm holding out hope for the Momitsu V880N being released soon, even though it lacks DVD-Audio support. I am concerned about build quality with such offbrand equipment, though.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
If you watch mostly film-based dvds, the latest silicon image deinterlacer is supposed to be as good, if not better, than the Faroudja...

I'm not so lucky - between anime and Babylon 5, I've got lot of video-based material, and anime needs a quality deinterlacer. My CP72 is dead, the Denon dvd-910 jitters. I'm still contemplating replacements. It's hard to find !

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
DaveGTP, I'd heartily recommend a Panasonic XP30 Faroudja-based model - I got one on EBAY 9months ago and its been perfect. I compared to the Denon DVD-910/1200 and Mitsubishi DD-8040 at that time and the XP30 had several features those others lacked. There are still a few brand new/unopened XP30 units selling on EBAY - I say grab one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks