What's new

Replacement for KDL46EX710? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hello everyone,

I currently have a Sony KDL 46ex710 as my main display. The tv looks quite good but is unfortunately afflicted with the awful clouding that this model is known for. I have had Sears replace the panel inside the tv and I am still affected by this problem and I believe it is worse now with the new panel inside of it.

I have spoken to Sears and told them that I am ready to use my protection plan to move toward a different television of equal value, they will be sending a tech out this week as a formality to do this. Therefore I need to start looking at replacements.

I need to stay in the 46 in. class, and I think LCD is the only option for me since our tv room has a big bay window in it that is usually casting direct light in the room each day. I am working on a $1200-$1300 budget since the current tv was about that much and anything above that will cost me the difference.

Any suggestions on replacements? Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
consider the higher end Samsungs and also the THX certified LG panels. Good luck!!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I actually am considering a Samsung UN46D6300, it is in the right price range, the right size, and has a comparable feature set. Any opinions or thoughts on this model?

I don't have any experience with Samsung but many think they make a decent looking tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks