What's new

Replacement for Epson 5030UB (1 Viewer)

matty.dickybird

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Hey everyone! First time poster here, seeking some advice.

I caught the home theater bug while visiting a friend in Texas who had recently set one up. I couldn't believe that he was getting cinema quality (maybe better) results in a tiny 11'x11' foot room. I just had to keep up with the Jones'.

Fast forward to a couple of years ago.. My little cinema is right where I wanted it - Epson 5030UB, 106" screen, velvet curtains on slim tracks to shield the otherwise light walls.

Fast forward again.. we're selling our house. My realtor has advised that if I leave the projector up, I run the risk of a buyer specifying it by model number to come with the house. I really don't want to have to replace what was a $3000 projector at the time, especially since I managed to snag it new-in-box for $1200.

Because I've been out of the game for a while, what I need to know is - what's the price point for an equivalent projector in 2020? At the time, nothing could compete with the blacks on the 5030UB.. I know because I tried a few in the ~$1500 price point. I don't really need 4K, I just want nice dark blacks and low enough lag time for gaming.

Sorry.. lots to read there, I really appreciate anyone who tagged along!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks