What's new

Replacement Drivers infinty Beta 40. (1 Viewer)

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

Well the 6.5" drivers in one of my Beta 40s are now completely gone. First one driver stopped and I balanced it out by disconnecting the same driver on the opposite speaker, but now both are gone. I suppose I could transplant one from my good speaker, but I rather just get replacement drivers. The only problem is though I can't find replacements anywhere, I'd pretty much have to buy a used beta 40 for parts. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

ChuckM

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Infinity wasn't able to supply you with any? Make sure there isn't a problem with the crossover first. Strange that both drivers in one speaker failed.

There are many replacement drivers on ebay for the Reference and Kappa series but you're right not much, if anything, for the Beta, Primus, Alpha or Entra series. I wonder if the C360 center uses the same driver? But those are pretty expensive even you can find one for sale. The single driver in the Beta 20's probably have a different ohm rating. I happen to have a couple of 5 1/4 C.M.D. drivers on hand but not any 6 1/2 C.M.M.D.'s. Sorry.

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
Though the website listed parts for the beta series as unavailable I did manage to get a hold of a pair of drivers, thru email. So issue resolve. Thanks for the help!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
"issue resolved". That's the important part .

BTW, I'm using a pair of Beta 20's, a C250 and a pair of OSW1's for surrounds in my family room and these are very good speakers for the price. Ibought a pair of used but good as new Beta 50's but thought they were just to large for the room. But they sure sounded great. Wish I hadn't sold them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks