What's new

Replacement Bulb for Epson 7500UB (1 Viewer)

brothepro

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Well, I alwasy seem to come back to the well. Decided on the Epson 7500UB about 8months ago when my Yamaha DX1000 blew another bulb and I was looking at about $400 for a replacement. I was under the impression that the bulb in Epson lasted 4000 hrs vs 1500-2500 for the Yamaha but here I am.
Qualification is that I did purchase from a dealer who told me it only had about 200 hours on it at the time and had only been used for display purposes.
In any case, I thought I had researched just this scenario and was expecting a replacement bulb to cost around $200. Went to the Epson site and they run $300. Of course, there are internet sites boasting the same bulb and part # and listing it for $95. I have been burned on the internet before with the Yamaha PJL 324 (sp?), so I am a little hesitant. Two questions for any advice / help anyone can provide:
1) Are there any brick and mortar places where I can buy a bulb (live in northern suburb of Detroit, MI?
2) Is it actually possible to buy a "real" working replacement bulb for less than manufacturer's price?
Appreciate any advice you can give!
Thanks,
Brothepro

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
2. The replacement bulb assembly for my Panasonic is still around $400 even though the projector is pushing 6 years old. I bought my first replacement bulb from Ebay for around $200 a few years ago. I bought the 2nd from Amazon for $89 a few months ago. Both the original and the replacement lasted past the recommended hours. The original was still working when replaced but the first replacement blew up about 200 hours past the recommended life expectancy. If this 3rd one lasts as long as the 2nd, I'll be more than happy.

brothepro

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Good input Robert, thanks. Turns out, I may be able to get a new lamp from Epson. The dealer that sold it to me told me to conctact their support team and since its been such a short time, they may just cover it under the 1 yr basic warranty. Stay tuned, I'll keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks