What's new

Replacement AC power cord for GameCube (1 Viewer)

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I'm calling on your expertise to answer a question. I need to buy an additional power cord for my GameCube because it is currently installed in my entertainment center and the cord is inaccessible/unremovable now.

I do plan on taking my GameCube and XBox (have a spare AC cord for it) to school for my students to play games but I have been unable to locate a spare AC cord for it.

Does the Nintendo 64 share the same cord? If so, where is the best place to purchase one? I have looked at Best Buy, Toys R Us, and Software Etc.

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
For some reason, I seem to remember hearing that certain Nintendo 64 accessories are compatible with the GCN. I just wanted to know if the AC power cord was one of them.

Besides, I bought the AC cord for the XBox for only $9.99. I don't think I'd be willing to pay twice that amount for the same type of accessory.

Thanks for the heads-up on that website, GaryP.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I know the N64 audio video cable is compatible with the gamecube. However, the power cable is a different story. The N64 has this huge module that plus into a cavity so no go on that idea.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Oscar,

You are absolutely right! I hadn't messed with a 64 for so long that I forgot about that power module.

Well, I guess that clears that up. We can close this thread since the question has been so ably answered by Oscar.

Thanks all for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks