Replacement AC power cord for GameCube

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Gato, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Bill Gato

Bill Gato Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

I'm calling on your expertise to answer a question. I need to buy an additional power cord for my GameCube because it is currently installed in my entertainment center and the cord is inaccessible/unremovable now.

I do plan on taking my GameCube and XBox (have a spare AC cord for it) to school for my students to play games but I have been unable to locate a spare AC cord for it.

Does the Nintendo 64 share the same cord? If so, where is the best place to purchase one? I have looked at Best Buy, Toys R Us, and Software Etc.

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Bill,
    If you don't mind ordering online Nintendo's website has them for $19.95, other than that, I haven't seen any available just yet. Hope this helps.
    Gary

3. Bill Gato

For some reason, I seem to remember hearing that certain Nintendo 64 accessories are compatible with the GCN. I just wanted to know if the AC power cord was one of them.

Besides, I bought the AC cord for the XBox for only $9.99. I don't think I'd be willing to pay twice that amount for the same type of accessory.

Thanks for the heads-up on that website, GaryP.

4. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

I know the N64 audio video cable is compatible with the gamecube. However, the power cable is a different story. The N64 has this huge module that plus into a cavity so no go on that idea.

5. Bill Gato

Oscar,

You are absolutely right! I hadn't messed with a 64 for so long that I forgot about that power module.

Well, I guess that clears that up. We can close this thread since the question has been so ably answered by Oscar.

Thanks all for your help.