Replaced cheep shakers with some AURA pros and my house doesnt like my dual SVS (pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark Guidry, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the right is the old cheep shaker I got a few months back. They had a thread on these in the deals section on here and I picked up 3 for on the couch and had one extra for a chair next to the couch. They worked ok but they didn't last long...I blew them up jamming one day [​IMG] . But I am happy because now these AURA pros work much much better and I only need 2 on the couch so I have 2 extra for the 2 chairs next to the couch.

This is them on the couch...I am still working on the mounting because when I had the 3 old ones it shook the couch more evenly...now it shakes more in the middle than on the ends but if you didn't know how it used to be you wouldn't know. I have a few ideas to remount them so they shake the whole couch better but for now it is great...much better than before.

[​IMG]

So after I got the new shakers installed I decided since it was the middle of the day I could pump the dual SVS to the max and see what it was like with the shakers jamming again. I decided to listen to some of my basshead music that really shows how loud and low the dual 20-39 CS+ can go...it was then that I heard a big crash. Scared that I knocked off some of the wifes pictures off the wall that I just hung I rushed into my hallway...nothing. Then I looked in my bathroom to see this mess. The bathroom is right behind the den where the SVS are and it seems that is shakes the door so much on the cabinet that it has a hard time staying close and everything in there rattles off and onto the floor. Good thing nothing broke...but now the next HT mod will be a bigger magnet on the door [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

Hmmm. The bass shakers look like a lower case letter i smashed into an orange jelly bean. Must be new.

3. Mark Guidry

Ahhh WTF...I could see them when I posted it [​IMG] So how do I post the pics from image station???

[​IMG] at first I didnt understand you reply...then I scrolled up hahaha.

4. JoeFish

JoeFish Stunt Coordinator

wow, I remember Aura bass shakers when I first started with my car stereo back in like '97. I didn't know they still made them, and never would have thought to use them in HT. Cool idea, I'd like to come over and have a sit sometime [​IMG]

-Joe

5. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

Remove the ".orig.jpg" from the end of the image links and that should clear it up.

What it is now:
    -http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p197bb0dda70a69d667dba67e6e9da07e/fbac6b79.jpg.orig.jpg

What is should be:
    -http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p197bb0dda70a69d667dba67e6e9da07e/fbac6b79.jpg

6. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

The next step is to put your room on a gimble and have computer controlled hydraulics tied to the audio output. [​IMG]

7. DaveKahler

DaveKahler Stunt Coordinator

Tim:

Don't give me crazy ideas like that! I'm dumb enough to try it!

8. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Just put my aura pros in a couple of hours ago.

At first I didn't really like them. They seemed to be bottoming out within the enclosure. I could hear the diaphram clanking up against the metal sides during the beginning of SWII.

Before I took them out and sent them back, I tried them out of phase. WOW!! Huge difference.

I'm powering them off of the 6th and 7th channels of my HK 525. I took the sub out and put it in the unused Video 3 input and then use the Video 3 as a "multi-room" output. That way they are crossed over with the sub and only see the LFE signal.

9. Mark Guidry

Ok so how about now...can you see the pics????

Joe fish: I have been seeing these things all the time on the Internet or on paper from back in the day of car stereos as well. I have never seen them or used them tho and I must say...they will probably be going into my car setup now if I can get them under my set. I think they would go well with the heated seats to make for a damn relaxing chair [​IMG] lol You should look into them...they are only 25 ea from parts express!!

JeffT. Thanks a bunch for the info (provided yall can see them now [​IMG])

TimF: I know...I have a audio shop here in town that has a setup like that and I must say it is quite interesting!! One would think you need seatbelts on the thing lol!!

Jason: The only thing I have heard rattling like that is my springs in my couch [​IMG] My shakers are 100% quiet alltho I have not listened to SWII with them installed yet....YET [​IMG]

10. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Be carefull... These can blow out just like any other speaker if over overdriven. They aren't buttkickers but do add that tactile feel. They are especially great for those that can't turn up their subs loud. The shakers make it feel like it's much louder than it really is.

11. Mark Guidry

Yeah I know they can go out just like the others...but the others could not take any power at all. I can tell these are much much better. I agree...I cant always crank the subs but these make me always check the volum during a movie to make sure its not to loud [​IMG]

12. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

WOW,so thats what a clean bathroom looks like!!1