What's new

replace toshiba sd9200 (1 Viewer)

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
anyone that is familiar with this player knows that there was a vibration problem...there were rubber gaskets or bumpers that were sold to replace the original ones...now the vibration is back..anyone else have this problem..i am thinking of replacing this with a player that has sacd and dvda...i am very happy with the audio and video of this unit...so i would want to replace it with something as good or better....any suggestions??

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Raymond, can you kindly go into more detail about the problems with vibration? I'm just curious. Reason being, on my bedroom player, a low-end Toshiba 2800 (probably not manufactured in Japan but in Taiwan), the disc tray has started to rattle when the unit is first fired up. If there's a disc in the tray, though, the weight of it stops the rattling.

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
jack...its not a rattling,but more like a rumbling...usually after it plays for awhile it goes away..never the less, it is annoying

Mark All

Second Unit
I've never had the new damping kit installed in my SD-9200. I've found that I can eliminate the transport rumble altogether simply by gently pulling the disc tray all the way out before inserting a disc. Mine will rumble on half the discs I play on it unless I manually intervene before inserting a disc.

As far as getting something as good or better, video is no problem. In fact, a new $69 Toshiba SD-3960 I have performs better for video.

The audio section of the SD-9200 remains excellent though. It is better than my Denon DVD-2900 on CD and DVD-Audio. To equal or exceed the audio performance in a newer universal player, I'd suggest looking to the DVD-5900 or a Marantz or Pioneer player in the $1500 and up range.

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
hey mark...thanks ..gently pulling the disc tray worked!! even though once a disc was inserted and played the rumble could not be heard unless you really put your ear to it..nevertheless, it still annoyed me...so now maybe to look for a player with excellent video performance with sacd as a bonus..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks