What's new

Replace my Infinity speakers with which ones? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I currently own The following Infinity Speakers:
Center: Infinity CC-2 (100watt)
Front Mains: Infinity Overture 1 (90watt w/ 100watt Powered Sub)
Back rear: Infinity RS3 (100watt)
Sub: SVS (AMAZING!!)
I am happy with my speakers, but Honestly I would just like to eventually have surround speakers that were at least Bi-polar. I really do not have a lot of money, but I am willing to spend a little more ($400-$600) after selling my current speakers, but honestly I am not sure what speakers or even companies that make timbre matching speakers that have bipolar surrounds, and that are cheep price not quality, heh. I know that last one may be difficult, but I am willing to wait and look around for a while.
Any suggestions? Definitive, Polk, Atlantic Tech, or anything that I can find for a good price online or used for some one else.
How much do you think I can get for my current speakers? (all of them except for the SVS of course) :)
Thank you all for any assistance you can provide! I really appreciate any and all assistance!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I replaced my Infinity Interludes with these. I thought the Infinities were pretty good, but no contest when compared to these.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Breck, didn't know speakers can be cheap and overpriced. :)
hmmm, why limit it to bipolar surrounds? My advice is to listen to as many speakers as you can and read reviews.
Check out half, ubid, ebay, and audiogon for deals.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Wow. I really like the Axiom speakers! I love their prices and actually believe that I might be able to get my entire theater with one of their HT Pkgs as long as I don not have to buy one of their subs. The Divas looked good too, but I wonder about their prices.
Are the prices that the Axiom website quotes, for the pairs of speakers or the single speakers themselves? (of course I am talking about the towers/bookshelf speakers)
I really appreciate your help guys! You have got me excited again...that is not good for my wife, heh.
How much do you think I should ask for my other speakers?
Infinity CC-2:
http://www.infinityspeakers.com/home...es=CEC&Status='H'
Overture 1(pair):
http://www.infinityspeakers.com/home...es=OVT&Status='H'
RS3 (Pair):
http://www.infinityspeakers.com/home...es=REF&Status='H'
and Micro II(Pair):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1347234999
Do you think I could sell all the speakers together for around $700.00? I think if I could do that then I could buy the Axiom speakers that I would like, and then maybe buy another Axiom CC for the DD-EX and DTS-ES.
Let me know if that would be too much or not. All the speakers are in great shape and only the overture's have a few scratches on them from the previous owner that used spikes to hold up the speakers on the stands.
Thank you all again for all your help!!!!!! I can not tell all of you enough how much I appreciate your assistance!!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Grady,
You can get a 5 speaker set of Divas including floorstanders for $1200.00 plus shipping. They also sell the Hsu VTF-2 for $400.00. It makes the perfect setup for HT and music. Check out the prices here.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Russ:

Unless you know of a discount I am coming up with around $1500 instead of $1200.

Divas:

C3: $499

R3: $599

2.1: $399

Total: little less than $1479

Axiom:

Millennia M22ti: $400 or $620

Vocal Point VP150: $350 or $220 for VP100

Quadrant Surround QS-8: $470 or $310 for QS-4

Total: $1440 for the best above or $930 for less expensive.

I like the fact of the towers, but I already have the stands. I am not sure about that though.

TimothyH

Auditioning
Greetings Grady! Actually Russell should have sent you here.
http://www.av123.com/popup.html
I have had an Infinity Overture home theater for several years now and have finally decided to upgrade. After doing extensive Internet and showroom research I decided on the Swans Diva package. On a side note I have to admit I did not consider the Axioms so I am making no suggestions for or against them. Since I prefer tower speakers, having Overture 3's in my HT, I decided to get the 6.1's. I had almost decided to purchase the Diva speakers solely on the literally thousands of completely positive reviews but I felt I needed that personal feel for them. Fortunately for me there was someone in town with the exact setup I wanted.
After demoing them I was blown away! First off, the build quality was superb. The gloss tops, kevlar mid and metallic woofers are striking and will certainly be attention getters. And solid as a rock! Crystal clear highs that were fatiguing and solid bass that thumps you in the chest. You CAN get better speakers, in my opinion, but nowhere near this price range. Beauty and performance in an affordable package! I can't wait to receive mine: due in 3 weeks!:D

TimothyH

Auditioning
I should proofread what I write first! I meant to say the highs were NOT fatiguing in the least! Oops!:b

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Grady,

Yes, they are discounted for the "4.1" package. The 4.1, 2.1, and C3 are $1198.00. I think if you go to the home page, and look at the top right hand corner, there is a pop up banner to click on. The special is there. If you can't find it, please call Russell Woolfolk and discuss it with him. They will work with you. If you want to mix and match a little, I understand they are cooperative in that regard as well.

Good Luck. I think these speakers sound even better than they look.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Thanks guys! The Swans look really good. I think that I would probably have to see if they could switch out the direct bookshelf's (free ones in the ad) for the Diva R3s because I want that type of surround speaker. I realize that I might have to pay a little more, but maybe all of your praises are worth looking into even if the price is a little more that what I can afford. I might have to live for a few months with non0timbre matching speakers and just upgrade when I can.

Anyone still have any ideas as to how much you think I might could get for all the other speakers I mentioned above? This would help me in knowing how much to ask for and also how long it will take to upgrade. Thanks!!!!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Grady,

Best to talk directly to Steve Ozmai or Russell Woolfolk about substituting and pricing. They will work with you, but you may have to wait some anyway because of shortages with some models. They are having trouble keeping up with demand, so that might work out better for you anyway. They don't charge your card until the speaker ships, and they are not starting the 30 trial period until you have received the whole package.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums

Rick

Russell

Heath

Juan

Brek

&

Timothy

You all are wonderful. I am still thinking. The prices of the Axiom are more in line with what I would like and can afford.

The Divas look amazing, but I am really dead set on getting bipolar rear speakers and that is not in the packaged "Fall sale" I can get almost the same thing with the Axiom and keep the price in the range I would like. I might just wait until next year and see what both company's have to offer and just up grade my receiver right now.

Or I can do what I normally do and spend way too much, pay of the debt over time, and get griped out by my wife, heh.

I am really trying and hoping to not have to do any of these this time around.

"Stay sense-able Grady Stay Sense-able!!!"

Walt N

Second Unit
Grady, AV123 will make the same or similar deal on any Diva speaker combo you like. Many of us have done this. Think of the advertised packages merely as suggestions.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well, I put my Home Theater up for sale. Please get the word out that I just put up a really good HT for sale. Thanks Everyone!

You can see it in the Hardware for sale area. Some really good used stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks