What's new

Replace Lamp Light Came On (1 Viewer)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
The manual for my Sanyo Z2 says that the lamp should be replaced "promptly" when the indicator light comes on. I'm about two weeks away from being able to actually get another lamp, though. Am I actually running the risk of damaging the projector by continuing to run it with a near-dead lamp? Or will it just get dimmer and dimmer until it dies?

If there is ANY risk to the projector, I'll cut it off right away.....I'm just dreading the idea of having to use my 19" tv for the next two weeks instead of a 120" HD image, lol.

Thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd think you can just run it as usual. There's always a chance the lamp would blow without any warning anyway, and as far as I know it doesn't do any damage.

I think the warning light is more of a courtesy than a red alert (i.e. "Hey there, maybe you should buy a bulb to have "on hand" because I'm about ready to retire").

Or maybe they're just trying to get you to buy more bulbs by getting you to change your current one before it's really dead. :)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

Okay, you're the third person who's felt that way, so I'm just gonna let it roll :) I know the PQ has degraded a little, cause I've been futzing with the focus for the past week or so trying to see if that was the problem. So I know the lamp has lost something....but it's still a pretty good pic, so I feel okay about getting a couple mroe weeks out of it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks