What's new

replace 23 yr old sansui spx-9000? (1 Viewer)

randy wren

Auditioning
my current system
sansui spx-9000 main
kenwood rear and center(cheap 10yr old)
27in sony 27kv65
receiver pioneer vsx-d509s
kenwood cd player (also cheap and old)
dvd pioneer dv-333
i know the surrounds and cd player need to go but not sure about replacing sansuis. they still sound great to me but i have not really listend to any newer quality speakers. im near seattle wa. and am thinking of heading to canada to listen to paradigms. im about 50/50 music and theater.living room is 24x28 i would like to spend 2500 to 3500 on upgrades. any suggestions greatly appreciated
thanks Randy Wren

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Are those some of the Sansui speakers that had the wood lattice grills on them? If so, I had some for years and loved them. Dunno what I'd think of 'em if I heard them again now but I sure have fond memories. Also had an old Sansui receiver that weighed about a million pounds that gave me great service for many moons.

randy wren

Auditioning
yes, thats them. they are a 4 way six speaker system with 15 or 16 inch woofer. my dad bought them new in germany 1979 and i have had them since 1985. dad also had the sansui 9900 receiver, it was a nice unit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks