What's new

Pre-Order Repeat Performance (1947) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71mM37enPHL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After Eddie Muller stated his Film Noir Foundation has been working on this film's restoration, I've been looking forward to this Blu-ray release for a long time. I think on New Years Day, Eddie will be showing this restored version on TCM. I'm buying it directly from Flicker Alley as their pricing is cheaper than Amazon and they usually ship two weeks before the announced release date.

Real Name
John
I have this on DVD from Fat-W Video (or whatever they were called), and am glad to hear of a Blu-ray release. Not wild about the extra expense of Flicker Alley's DVD/Blu combos, but so few things of interest to me from the old, old days get released these days that I'll undoubtedly get this.

Marc Hampton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
This movie is wild. Has been very high on my "holy grail Blu ray" list. I saw this years ago and I couldn't quite believe it was the goody-goody Joan Leslie of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" and endless other Warner Bros ingenue roles. I highly recommend this to B-noir fans hungry for an undiscovered gem....just steer clear of spoilers before seeing it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This movie is wild. Has been very high on my "holy grail Blu ray" list. I saw this years ago and I couldn't quite believe it was the goody-goody Joan Leslie of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" and endless other Warner Bros ingenue roles. I highly recommend this to B-noir fans hungry for an undiscovered gem....just steer clear of spoilers before seeing it.
Eddie Muller showed it on TCM's "Noir Alley" back in December, 2019. We had a pretty good discussion about it here on the forum. Joan Leslie was being blackballed by Warner because she sued them which is how she ended up at Eagle-Lion Pictures doing this movie. She was still only 21 years old when she filmed this movie.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Intrigued, may have to put this in the que for a future purchase, just from the discussion here.

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I remember once trying to find this film, but I kept thinking the title was Return Engagement instead of Repeat Performance.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Just as a reminder that Eddie Muller is showing the restored version on TCM's "Noir Alley" this New Year's Day.

Thanks for the tip, sir! I saw this film (I think I videotaped it) years and years ago on the WOR Channel 9 afternoon movie (or perhaps it was Channel 17 out of Philly?) but can't seem to remember much about it beyond the opening scene of Joan Leslie wandering around shellshocked in a fabulous mink coat (at least that's the way I remember it.) I look forward to catching it on Noir Alley prior to the blu-ray release. It's reputation precedes it.

mackjay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
There was a taping from Nick at Nite that circulated for a while, then a somewhat better one was found. This restoration will be very welcome. I've seen it a couple of times and it's a unique film that many will be glad to have.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
After Eddie Muller stated his Film Noir Foundation has been working on this film's restoration, I've been looking forward to this Blu-ray release for a long time. I think on New Years Day, Eddie will be showing this restored version on TCM. I'm buying it directly from Flicker Alley as their pricing is cheaper than Amazon and they usually ship two weeks before the announced release date.
Have you obtained your copy yet? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. After last year's two exceptional releases from Flicker Alley and the Film Noir Foundation (The Bitter Stems/Los Tallos Amargos and The Beast Must Die/La Bestia Debe Morir), this probably should be worth getting, although it's described as a lesser noir, in comparison.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you obtained your copy yet? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. After last year's two exceptional releases from Flicker Alley and the Film Noir Foundation (The Bitter Stems/Los Tallos Amargos and The Beast Must Die/La Bestia Debe Morir), this probably should be worth getting, although it's described as a lesser noir, in comparison.
Due to production issues, the release has been delayed and won't be available until February 18th from Amazon and February 1st from Flicker Alley. I ordered mine from Amazon since they were about to same price as this particular release was discounted across different outlets. Also, I just watched this restoration on January 1st, when TCM's "Noir Alley" showed it so I wasn't in a hurry to have the disc in hand.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I'm a sucker for 'lost' movies that are hard to see (no Netflix DVD or streaming anywhere?) but recently obtained the Flicker Alley DVD. The picture & sound quality are superb. I havn't traversed the extras yet but they look interesting. The movie is more melodrama than noir, it's something Bette Davis or Joan Crawford could easily have helmed. Everyone, except the boor of a husband, is believable but he played it that way for melodramatic effect. All in all, a nice 'B' movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks