What's new

Repeat after me. We want "The Hill"! We want "The Hill" We want "The Hil (1 Viewer)

William Miller

Second Unit
One more time!

We want "The Hill"!
We want "The Hill"!
We want "The Hill"!

Warner is doing everything right these days except for not releasing on DVD the Sean Connery classic "The Hill". Many people want this and they want it now. I have the laserdisc but I am really looking forward to the DVD because I can't wait to see what the English subtitles say. This is an English language movie that should have had subtitles to start with. I have seen this movie over 50 times since 1965 and I am still not sure what the dialog is in several places. The variety of British accents combined with the poor on location sound recording added to the screaming and fast talking make this a real challenge to the ears. (Of course, this is assuming the person doing the subtitles can understand everything, which I doubt but it will be neat to hear what their best guess is.) But it is a terrific movie and if you haven't seen it, you are missing a good one.

And while we are at it, Mr. Warner, how about the long overdue Jack Webb classic, "The D.I."?

Are you ready?

We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

(loud)
We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!

THE MAN IN THE MOON CAN'T HEAR YOU!

(very loud)
We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!
We want "The D.I."!

C'MON TIGERS, GIVE ME A GROWL!

(explosive loud growl)

O.K. I feel better now.

Real Name
Anthony
I certainly DO want THE HILL. There was supposed to be a release of it over here but it suddenly disappeared from the schedules.

I also want THE OFFENCE which Connery made with Sidney Lumet. It's about a policeman on the edge of a mental collapse trying to get a paedophile to confess to his crimes and it's still the best (and by a mile the darkest) performance Connery's ever given, imo.

Damn right....The Offence has been top of my wants list for sometime too...
anytime i have doubts that Mr Connery can act i just watch that movie..one of the greatest performances of our time.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Both movies would be a great addition to the non-Bond Connery already out here. I think MGM owns THE OFFENCE.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
We want DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW!

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Yup, count me in for The Hill, The Offence... any Sydney Lumet flick that hasn't been released yet. So that's Prince of The City as well.

The wait is torture.

Coem to think of it, there was an interview with Laurent Bouzereau in Empire a few months ago, claiming that he was workig on a Lumet box set... anyone know anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks