1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Repairing PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael P, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Michael P

Michael P Agent

My PS2 got knocked on the floor and now refuses to work. It's well after the warranty has expired, and I doubt they'd cover it anyway. So, I was wondering if anyone had had any luck finding someone online who could fix these inexpensively. Thanks.

2. BrandonG

BrandonG Agent

I know that you can call Sony and they can give you a list of authorized repair places. I do know that labor is expensive, for example if you bought a PS One and anything broke, repairs would cost as much as a new unit because of labor. I don't have any real numbers, but I have talked with many customers who have done the same thing to their consoles, and I don't it can be fixed.

3. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

My buddy blew out his s-video output on his PS2, and when he called Sony they told him it would cost $200 CAD to repair. I think the $200 was a flat rate for any repair. Of course this is all secondhand information so take it for what it's worth.

4. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried giving your PS2 a good smack?

5. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator