Repairing Paradigm Micros

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Street, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Bill Street

Bill Street Stunt Coordinator

I just received a used set of Paradigm Micros from Ebay and one of the woofers has no sound coming from it. No problem I thought.... I'll just unscrew all the back panel screws and take the back off to see if something had come undone...
    The problem is that the back won't come off when I try to open it without ruining the adjoining sides of the case.
    Am I missing something? I know there is no entry through the front as the grills are not removeable. Does the piece holding the speaker posts come off?
    I could use some help.
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I don't think you can take the cabinet apart, it is GLUED together. Sounds like you got screwed. You need to remove the midbass driver to access the insides, and as you mentioned the front covers are not removable.

Contact your local Paradigm dealer, but they will probably not be covered under warranty.

3. Bill Street

Bill Street Stunt Coordinator

Thanks John....

I called my local Paradigm dealer and he gave me instructions on removing the back of the cabinet of the Micros.

For the record this is how to take off the back panel:

1. Unscrew the 6 screws on the back panel of the Micro speaker.

2. Place your middle two fingers into the port located on the back panel.

3. While holding speaker firmly to surface with one hand, with the other push down and pull out with the hand/fingers in the port. It is a VERY tight fit, but if you exert enough force it will come out.

Bill Street