What's new

Repairing an NES? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone know of any companies that repair these things, or if there are any detailed websites that give you instructions on how to do so?

The first problem was the blinking light of death, so I got a new cart connector wich made it work properly. However, there where tons of grainy white stable lines on the bottom portion of the screen, so I used the end of the screw driver to tape around on the MB to see if that would clear it up some, and it suddenly went to blue. Another cart connector won't fix the problem. It still turns on, but we get a blue picture. This Nintendo has many childhood memories, so I'd like to get it fixed ASAP..

Any help will be appreciated..

Amir_S

Auditioning
Have you thought about just purchasing another NES off ebay? Could be easier than trying to repair yours..just a thought

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I appreciate that you have sentimental value in your old NES, as evidenced by your statment of "THIS Nintendo has many childhood memories...". Personally, I wish I would have kept my older systems, espeically my Genesis. I bought it the day it was released and was the only kid around who had one. I also got my favorite shooter of all time, "Thunderforce II", on the same day as well. I am now able to play it on my computer but it's not the same as holding that old Genesis joypad and pumping up the volume through the headphone jack!

As far as repairing your NES goes, I have absolutely no clue. I guess I would try calling ebgames and gamestop first. I realize that they don't repair them, but I highly doubt that you'd be the first person who has called them about this problem either. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
We have a local little gameshop (call it a privately owned funcoland), the old guy there knows how to fix systems new and old, controllers, joysticks, etc. I know a few places like this around the tri-city area here. I would hunt around for a local mom n' pop shop operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks