Repaired Receiver...broken again

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rick Westfall, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up my H/K AVR65 from the shop. It had a humming noise coming from the front 3 speakers. After the tech replaced the caps, I brought it home. I hooked everything up and about ten minutes (or less) later, the hum is back [​IMG]. Do I have something hooked up to the receiver that can cause the caps to go bad that quickly or did I have an idiot for a tech?

Thanks for the help
    Rick

2. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I had the AVR65 about 4 years ago. With the same hum problem. Acording to the H/K rep some units were shiped with low grade fuses that caused the hum. How old is the unit?

3. Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall Stunt Coordinator

Thanks.

It was manufactured Nov 1998. The hum just started. I had that fuse problem fixed when I first received it. What receiver do you have now?

Thanks again for the reply!
    Rick

4. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I now have The H/K Signature 2.0 pre/pro and 2.1 5 channel power amp. After I returned the 65 I bought a Yamaha RXV995. I really diddent like the sound of that unit since day one. After living with it for a year I sold it and went back to H/K. They just sound so much better IMO. Sorry I cant help you more with the 65 other than telling you that unit had a few issues. My experiance with H/K customer service has always been good tho. Ive even had a repair out of waranty No charge. Give them a call and calmly explain youre dissatisfaction. Let us know how you made out. Goodluck.