Repair of uneven brigthness on Sony XBR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paulus, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Paulus

Paulus Agent

I have a little problem. When I bought my Sony KV36XBR250 in march last year I was unaware of the uneven brightness problem. Fortunately I got their performance guarantee, five years for $200 seemed like a good idea. My question is what to do, the sales associate told me that it would cover in home repairs (the set weighs like 250lb). But when I read the paper work now it seems like for that I need some in-home guarantee. Can this be right?
    Is the uneven brightness problem repairable at all?
    If this is the case a no-lemon policy is included (replacement after two unsuccessful repairs). Which current Sony has "comparable features" as a replacement?
    And finally, which features differ between my XBR250 and the current replacement model?
    All help are appreciated.
    ------------------

2. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I had the 36FS13 and tried to get the uneven brightness problem fixed, but it didn't work. I don't think I'm aware of anyone that was able to fix it. Personally, I don't think it's fixable. I ended up returning the set.

3. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

The XBR models can be "improved.", but not fixed. The new XBR 450's are the only models that have so little uneven brightness, that only testing can reveal it. XBR 400's are better than the 250'sm but it is still there.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman