What's new

Repair of Pioneer CLD-D704. Questions? (1 Viewer)

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I did the "Brake Cleaning" on mine today and it did solve that problem. I also looked around inside and blew off any dust that may have been causing my picture problems. I was hoping maybe some dust was on the laser causing the problem. No such luck. Hooked everything up and checked two discs and it is still there. I even hooked it up to my Panasonic 31" SuperFlat with some different cables just in case but it's still there. I called a couple of repair places around here last week and they really didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about trusting them to repair my player. So I'm back at square one. Not really sure what to try. May try going to Van Nuys and try the place Jay recommended or may call them about sending it to them ups. I'll post more as I learn more.

Thanks

Jim

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Thanks the cleaning tips... I didn't know that this was a common problem on 704's. I figured it was just a sign of it being old, and I was waiting for it to die, and then run off and buy a different player. :)
In brief testing, my brake cleaning appears to be sucessful!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.