Rentmydvd.com has a release date for Return of the living dead?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Augustin Rodriguez, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Augustin Rodriguez

I was going through my wish list at rentmydvd.com and they have the Return of the living dead listed for release on 02/29/2002. Here is the link: Return of the living dead release date.
    Can anyone confirm this? I've heard rumors that MGM would release this, but can only confirm a date from this site. Just your thoughts if any. Thanks.

2. MikeCD

MikeCD Stunt Coordinator

Its about time. Its one of my favorites too. The year it was released, I won a storyboard one sheet signed by the artist William Stout from Fangoria magazine.

3. Josh A

Josh A Auditioning

According to your post, ROTLD would be released on Leap Year of 2002. Unfortunately, there is no Leap Year in 2002. Somehow I guess that info isn't very reliable. Just my 2 cents.

4. MikeCD

MikeCD Stunt Coordinator

The link states the date as 2/19/02, not 2/29. So they just got early word of it. I'm sure it will start to pop up on the other sites in time.

5. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    MGM *is* releasing this next year but a Feb release date? Sorry, don't buy it. MGM (as of a month or so ago) didn't even know what materials they had (for the possibility of a special edition) or what kind of shape they were in.
    So either this date is BS (likely) or MGM will release a bare bones disc first and then a special edition in August. August is the month I had heard for the DVD's release.
    I hope to speak with Dan O'Bannon soon...

6. Augustin Rodriguez

Sorry about the wrong date in my post. I hope they are wrong if there is a special edition planned in August. Who knows, maybe this is a special edition. Either way I can't wait for this to come out.