What's new

Renters Insurance: Anything I'm missing? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
After reading a few of the "My apartment was broken into today" threads...I decided to look into getting Renters Insurance finally. I had been meaning to get it...just never looked into it that much.
My bank and insurance provider ...USAA - provides renters insurance...and I can get free quotes online. Here's mine:

Coverage Limits of Liability
Personal Property with Replacement Cost Coverage: $20,000
Deductible: $250
Liability: $100,000
Medical Payments: $1,000
Additional Coverages:
Computer Coverage: $3,000
Special Coverage: -Jewelry/Watches/Furs- $2,000
Policy Limitations:
These are policy limitations that apply to the renters policy quoted.
Credit Card: $1,000 limit
Business Property: $2,500 limit
Jewelry/Watches/Furs: $1,000 limit
Silver/Gold/Pewter: $2,500 limit
Guns: $2,000 limit
Money: $200 limit
Securities: $1,000 limit

So, how does this look? Is there anything I'm missing? I don't have anything all that rare...or overly expensive...well, maybe my Gregg Loewen Calibrated Sony 57HW40 HDTV :)
I own about 100+ DVD's (and growing)...and of course, I want to make sure they would be covered.
I haven't submitted my application yet...wanted to hear what you all had to say here on the HTF first :)
Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I see nothing here about collections. Make sure they will cover your DVD's. Some places will say that is a collection and they put caps on collections. Don't assume it falls under the Personal Property section. For me, those limitations are low but I am a home owner and have lots more stuff. If they meet your needs that's cool.

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
Mike

If you're on a ground floor you may inquire about water damage (not just flood but sewer line back-up, etc.). Otherwise it looks real good and USAA is one of the best.

Marc

KyleS

Screenwriter
With my Home owners they wouldnt cover ANY software in regards to computer or valuable information that was stored on such, but they would cover Cd's/Dvd's up to $1000. For a lot of us that isnt nearly enough so I actually upped my policy to include larger amounts. Not only to cover the DVD's that I have but to cover everything else in my house. Talk to the agent if you need more coverage they will most likely have it and it might not be much more.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks