Reno 911

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Antonio_G, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Antonio_G

Antonio_G Stunt Coordinator

Since, I don't see a thread about this I'm going to start one up. I have the the first season of Reno 911 and it is good watching and if you like the show and don't have the first season then you need to pick it up soon before June 14th. I was just shock that the new season and the second season of Reno 911 will be coming out the same day so I will be watching the second season on dvd so it will get me all work up for the new season that same day.

2. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R

3. Antonio_G

June 14th same day as the second season on box set I'm just so excited I can't wait but I can until this tuesday...

4. Antonio_G

I just got the box set yet yesterday and I like it alot but it says uncensored but some of the parts are not uncensored...[​IMG]

5. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

On the back of the box it says "All swears have been uncensored. The blurring remains intact" or something like that. Usually its because the actors arent really naked.

6. shawnPhillips

shawnPhillips Auditioning

Ya its uncut. If the blurs went their you wouldnt see anything. The naked people are all in underware thats just blurred over.

7. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I should relate that the uncensored Chappelle's Show Season 1 has at least one skit without blurring where you can see that the supposedly naked people are really naked.

In a sense, I'd almost like separate audio for censored and uncensored. In a way, because of the Cops-like nature of the show the bleeps add to the feeling of it all.

8. CarlosL

CarlosL Stunt Coordinator

Carlos
    I agree completely. The bleeping adds to the COPS-like nature of the show. Releasing this as "uncensored" seems like a cheap marketing ploy that, rather than adding to the humor of the skits, actually detracts from it. I'll keep my bleeps any day.

9. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I agree.

The bleeps and blurs are part of the humor of it all.

10. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Exactly. Usually Im all for uncensoring, but in this case it dampens the humor. Ah well.