What's new

Rendezvous with Rama; screenwriter interview. (1 Viewer)

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
We just postes a nice littel interview with Scott Brick who wrote the fantastic Rama draft that CA raved about so much a month back.
a.fincher.news.site -
Link Removed
sorry for the annoying pop ups.

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Roland, I saw your July 23rd news item on the official David Fincher website. Link Removed
"Rendezvous With Rama" is one of my favorite science fiction works. No wizards, princesses, time travel giant bugs, laser blasters or other standard gimmicks of the genre. Just a straightforward account of mankind meeting up with an awe-inspiring, hauntingly mysterious alien artifact of gargantuan proportions that invites the imagination to fill in mental images of upside down cylindrical seas, indoor weather systems, and landscapes pasted to the sides of an impossibly giant cylinder. I'm looking forward to seeing a well done version of this story on the big screen, and with David Fincher and Morgan Freeman involved I have high hopes.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I really hope the film does extremely well. I say that because I actually prefer "Rama II" over "Rendezvous With Rama", & would love to see that book filmed as well. This is because I really love the character of Nicole des Jardins!:emoji_thumbsup:

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
Actually this is going to be a franchise. If Rama proves to be a success..there is a good chance that we will also get to see Rama II on the big screen.

Nor wheather or not Fincher is going to direct the sequel too...i really don't know.

All i know is that you got all the right to be excited about this project. Judging from what Lori McCreary (producer) told me, this could be a milestone in filmmaking history. They got a budget of like 150 million dollars and actually they are planning to create all backgrounds digitally. That is also the reason why we will not see Rama soon. Fincher once said in an interview that the technology is not ready yet. They have parnered with INTEL to create some sort of engine that will let them do what they want.

production time for Rama is going to be about 3 years....ug

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Damn Roland, you've got all worked up about this. Damn!! Long tome to wait, but as long as it's done right, who cares.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeez. I attended the World Science Fiction Convention in 1974, in Washington D.C.--the "DCon." Arthur C. Clarke had won Best Novel for Rendezvous with Rama, but he was not on hand to accept the Hugo Award. I first read the novel when it was serialized in the old Galaxy magazine.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
This is what James Cameron should be doing, not Solaris! :)
And with Intel involved, who knows if this will ever surface. Do any effects shops use Intel processors?
This is damn good book that deserves to be made.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I fine with that timeline. I'd rather see it done right, than hurried out just to make a quick buck.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
:)
Hey it's not like David Fincher is that bad as a director....
Why don't you all get a look of the Comdex presentation...
Link Removed
:)
NOTE: Sorry...seems like they comdex clip has gone offline :-(
and about the Solaris thing.... I am terrible mad that they are remaking this great film.
There is no goddamn need to remake this Classic, because
A.) They are going to change the whole feel! If you know the original, you know that they are going to make big changes....which leads us to the question why remaking it.
B.) A:"Have you seen Solaris?"
B:"Oh you mean that Soderbergh flick with Clooney"
WAAAAAHHHH....leave Tarkovskys masterpiece alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks