What's new

Removing Green and Red Haze. (1 Viewer)

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased a Sony 24" Trinitron WEGA Flat-Screen TV. The picture quality is excelent as long as the image is a bright scene, but once it starts to get dark Is when things start to mess up. Anytime there is what is suppose to be a true black there is always a good amount of green haze also anytime there is a dark red there is a good amount of color distortion. I went through the thx optimazation a few times, but didn't really have any effect the only way to remove the distortion, that i found, is to lower the color settings, but the problem with that is that it is near black and white.Is this a setting problem or is this the tv itself? If it is the tv can anyone suggest a good flat screen 24" with audio out and componet video. I can't use a 27" because I don't have enough room.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Sounds like a grayscale issue.

You can likely fix part of it yourself with a test disc looking at gray bars of different intensities ... and

a visit to the service menu to adjust the r,g,b cuts

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks