What's new

Removing Conversion Van Captain's Chairs (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I am at a loss. I googled..looked for the website of the manufacturer..no luck.

I have 3 I want to remove and I can't find anything at the base to help me accomplish that. Anyone here ever do that?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
have you tried to slide the seat as far forward or as far back as possible? I have removed the seats on my MR2 and it's on rails... You might check to see if you can see the hardware when you slide them up or back. It might be hidden in most normal seating positions...

Jay

CRyan

Screenwriter
Can you send us a pic of the underside of the chairs? The captains chairs in an older conversion van of my parents were on pedestals that allowed the chairs to swivel. The bottoms of those pedestals connected to the vans frame via four bolts. But those bolts were covered by the carpeting. The carpeting needed to be cut a little to get to those bolts.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
CRyan: That's what I have. The van is a 1990 Chevy Van20. The base looks like it's a tube in a tube. I am wondering if the chair lifts off the base, then I can tackle the foundation. I'll get some pics this afternoon.

CRyan

Screenwriter
OH! hmmm. I will talk to my dad today and see if he remembers better than I. You might rotate the chair fully in one direction and then just lift. I will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks