Remotes

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Don, I fogot to mention it. I just checked my remote and I too have the numbers superimposed. It never used to before, but I've also updated the software since then. It must be a new "feature"
that they've included in the update.

If I wanted to know what number it is, I would have added the number to the graphic. Definitely not a good enhancement.

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hey Mark,

It doesn't look as nice, and it really doesn't matter what the number is if you can see the logo, so it makes no sense.

My mother will love it anyways. She is always complaining about having so many remotes and never being able to figure out how to get everything configured via the multiple remotes to watch TV, DVD, VHS, etc.

Thank you,
Don

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't understand the reasoning either because the whole point of the image is to have a graphical image instead of a number.

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
So I bought the 880 for my mother for Mother's Day. I had her provide me a list of all of the model numbers of her components and how they were connected. I programmed it from my house and charged it on my charger for her.

For the 1.5 hour drive, I was wondering if it would work properly or if I would be futzing with it the entire time of the visit. Well, I open the package and take it out of the box and her and my dad were immediately impressed with the looks. But the best part is, it worked like a charm. No reprogramming needed. The immediately were able to use it, with no problems. They did wish the writing on the buttons could be bigger, but they loved it.

Then came the only issue. The charger did not work. The blue light did not come on, therefore it wouldn't charge the remote. I was bummed but looked at the literature that came with the remote and was surprised to see Logitech support open 24/7. Called them up and a really nice dude set it up so that a new charger would be sent to them.

My parents and I continued to talk about the remote and they brought up the fact that their other remote that was supposed to be great wasn't really anything good, and has been regulated to their bedroom cause it doesn't work easily. It turned out the other remote was the Harmony 659. I plugged it into their computer and low and behold, some of the devices were wrong and they didn't have any activities set. I fixed both problems and my parents were estatic, now they have two killer remotes. The great thing is they are going to change their VHS in a few weeks, and I told them it would be no problem. Just let me know what device they buy and I will program the remote from my home.

The entire point of this story comes down to the fact that Logitech's programming is browser based and easy to fix remotely. On top of that, their customer service was outstanding.

I am sticking with Logitech!

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I have to add to my previous comments. It turns out that my mother's outlets had flipped a GFI breaker. Both outlets we tried were connected to the same circuit. She didn't realize it until several days later when she tried to plug in her vacuum cleaner.

Once again, Logitech acted right. She will send the new charger back unopened. BTW, they love the remote!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav