What's new

Remote Turn-on for ill-equipped hardware? (1 Viewer)

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for something that will turn on my sub amp when I turn on my receiver. It seems that I read something about a year ago about this (I believe it was a product from Sears for shop tools that senses when you turn on one thing and turns another), but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
A

Pat

Agent
Is this what you are looking for?
Make sure your receiver pulls enough current to trip the switch...I have heard that some won't trip it.

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
YES!! Thanks for finding it for me!!
It will be a nice addition to my addiction! :)
A

LewB

Screenwriter
Aaron:
I bought one of the Sears power controllers and plugged my receiver in to it. When the receiver was set to a low volume the switch would either chatter on/off or not turn on at all. I plugged a 3-way lamp into the switch and discovered that it would turn on only when the lamp was at the 100W setting or higher. I wound up using the 12v turn on signal line from my receiver to a Xantech outlet Xantech AC 1
The Sears switch is about $25 while the Xantech is about $100.

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm, some interesting options. Might have to re-think the Sears thing.

Thanks!!

A

Nathan_M

Grip
The subject line of this thread is very funny. I was thinking you must be a lot more self-confident than I am to to admit your hardware was ill-equiped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks