What's new

Remote sensors and PS2 (1 Viewer)

JayBru

Auditioning
I've never posted in the Games hardware area before and my search of the threads didn't answere my questions so please be tolerant of my inexperience in games, I'm trying to make this easier for my kids, they keep whooping me so bad in these games I'm almost ready to give up playing them.

My question relates to the remote controller technology and how do I wire a system. I am building a home theatre/recreation area in the basement of my home. It will have an front projector system (approximate 110 inch diagonal screen, 7.1 sound system and computer, the hardware is located in a closet and I am planning on using a Niles IR remote extender system which will be hard wired into the valence around the screen and run to the closet, each component will then have the little sender unit attached to it and the main control unit. This appears to be a good system for all the electronics, except the PS2.

Here is my question, and I really hope I am asking the correct question, are games (PS2, X Box) all RF controlled? If they are RF, is there a way to make the home theatre electronics RF contolled or is there a system that handles both? Is my understanding so limited that I'm not even asking the correct question? Any ideas that can put me on the right track would sure be appreciated. I still have my ceiling exposed so I can run whatever wire is necessary to make the system work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Leo

Second Unit
Which PS2 model do you have? The PS2 supports IR. The original required an IR dongle to handle IR remote commands. The newer PS2 (model SCPH-50001) as well as the the "slim" PS2 (model SCPH-70011) both have IR receiver built-in and will accept IR eyes to transmit signals to the closet. Now if you're wanting to play games wirelessly, then check out the Logitech Wireless controller that works on the 2.4GHz frequency. It has a battery life of about 50 hours (even with rumble turned on). I have this controller and it's great. The response is fantastic - no lag - and has a great range. Let me know if you have any questions.

I've used Xantech IR as well as my pre-amp has IR distribution built-in, so I'm very familiar with setting up IR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks