Remote remote-controll

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Alan-C, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Alan-C

Alan-C Auditioning

I'm pretty new here, so I think this is in the right section, but not 100%.

Here is want I'm wanting to do. I am installing in-wall speakers and a small LCD TV in our bathroom. The receiver is going to be in the bedroom. I want to also be able to controll the receiver from in the bathroom (on the other side of the wall) Do they make some type of wired remote I could use? or what would I need to do this?

Thanks

2. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Look into RF remotes. MX-800 should do.

Check www.remotecentral.com for more info. I have a IR MX-700

3. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

A less expensive solution would be to buy an IR extender, If you can easily run a wire from the recv to the new room then the Xantech kit would work (about $125). If wires are a problem you can get a wireless system for about $60 (those pyramid looking things). Go to smarthome.com for some ideas, just try not to get confused by the their cruddy website. You are looking for IR extenders and if you go the wired route you will need (1) IR recv, (1) dist block, (1) power supply, (1)IR emmiter...but look for the kit (that's what I got locally, it includes all the parts you will need and then some (4 emmiters instead of one). BTW: Xantech is very high quality, I have an older Xantech extender that still works and is used on a daily basis that I purchased in 1986.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

5. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Check Blue-do, cheapest I've seen for HTM remotes (and offer on the Harmony via voucher too) :)

http://www.bluedo.com/

Oh how's your Klipsch bipole's Ted? ;-)

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

lol...good memory john!

i like them quite a bit. i've been playing almost movies exclusively, so i don't know how happy they'll make me for music. i can say, while watching 'master & commander' really loud, that i ducked a few times. [​IMG]

also, besides bluedo (which i've ordered from), check out surfremotecontrol.com - the guy that runs it is a member here. fast delivery with no issues. [​IMG]