Remote Help!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FredHD, Jan 3, 2002.

1. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

I have been happy with my OneForAll 7, but I got an new Hughes DirecTivo receiver and it will not control it. Does anyone know of a universal that WILL. I can;t afford anything like the Pronto, so don't suggest it. Under $100 is all I can afford, and that is stretching it. Please and thanks in advance....

2. Mike_A

Mike_A Stunt Coordinator

you can probably hack your cinema7 to support just about any device. normally, i'd say look at www.hifi-remote.com/jp1 , but the site is down at the moment. there's also the yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/ . i think the cinema7 will require some soldering. if you don't want to go through that effort, i'm sure others here will have some good suggestions...

3. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Try going to www.remotecentral.com and scroll down to the 'all for one' section under the 'chat forums'. You might want to post your question there seeing as it is focused
    on this type of remote. Good luck!

4. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

Jackson,

At remotecentral.com you might want to check out the Sony RM-VL900. It has a database and is learning capable. MSRP is $59. The biggest downside I can see is no backlight (glow-in-the-dark keys). I have no idea how much memory it has to support learned keys, but many of it's users like it.

Jim L

5. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

BTW, I just looked in the manual for my Home Theater Master MX-500 Universal Remote and under the SAT section they list two set-up codes for Hughes. I got this remote from www.rrdeals.com for $125. I know it's a shretch for your budget, but it WILL control just about anything.

6. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

What about the Sima touchpad remote. Anyone know?? Or anyone have a remote that doesn't have to be hacked but works on a Hughes Tivo or Directivo receiver.