remote extender or repeater

jrgreene1968

Agent
Real Name
Harry
i want to move my equipment rack to the back of the room, instead of beside the rptv..i dont want to have to turn around to work the remote...what do i need to make this work, a ir repeater or an extender

Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would look into an RF solution or remote. There is a package that installs into your battery pack that can convert any remote to RF sold here. There are also any number of remotes that have RF capability built in like some of the Logitech Harmonys and URC. I've used the URC w/RF extender and it works very well.

An IR repeater would work as well, but an RF solition is a bit simpler and cleaner IMO.

jrgreene1968

Agent
Real Name
Harry
i like that idea Wayne...how would you hide the wires from the sticky emitters though, since they have to stick on the front of the equipment?

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Real Name
Wayne
Since you don’t have the gear in a closet, I suggest going the flooding emtter route, if you can. Is there some kind of table, bookcase or floor lamp somewhere in the room that’s more-or-less perpendicular to the equipment rack? If so, you can find a way to hide a flooding emitter, and you won’t have to hassle with an emitter for each component.

If you do have to go the individual emitter route, you can route its cable under the component, and maybe tape it to its underside.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akhenax