What's new

remote dilemma (1 Viewer)

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a AVR-2500 and am planning on purchasing a Denon 3805 for the basement HT when I finish the basement. I intend to use the AVR-2500 for my second zone...which will be stereo speakers in my great room. My wife wants the reciever out of the room and only wants the speakers. So both recievers will be in the same rack downstairs. I want to be able to control volume and CD changer from upstairs and plan to get a IR extender.
The problem will be when I want to increase volume or change inputs on the 3805 or vice versus I'm assuming the codes will be the same and will change both. Is this correct? Any way to live with it?

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Dont know much about Denon never owned own but Sony has two sets of Receiver codes AV1 and AV2. Perhaps Denon has something similiar??

Also on the remote extender you place the IR emitter right over the IR sensor on the equipment so it should only control that piece of gear unless you put an emmitter on both receivers??

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
Clint...I don't recall anything in the Denon manual about separate codes but that would be perfect. Unfortunately, I will need to control both pieces with the IR repeater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks