What's new

Remote Desktop Audio (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Hello Folks,

I have been trying to get my remote computer to play audio files from my local wireless computer but have been unsuccessful. I want to use the remote computer as a jukebox and access the files from my local wireless laptop. The audio out of the remote computer is sent via wireless signal to my receiver in my Home Theater room.

My problem is that even when I tell the Remote Desktop Access to leave the audio at the remote computer and try to play a file with windows media player 9 I get the following error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly."

I know that there is not a problem with my sound device because I can play sound files on the remote computer if I use it locally. Also, there is nothing else that could be using the the sound device.

If I tell the remote computer to allow me to play files locally I can play the files on my local wireless computer.

By the way, I got it to work ONE TIME and I did exactly what I have done since I started. It just happened to work that time. So I know that it is possible. I just don't know what happened.

I am at a loss. Here are the specs on my computers:

Wireless computer:
Toshiba 5150-s501 running XP Pro
P4 - 1.7 gig, 512mb RAM, 40gb HD

Remote Computer:
IBM PC 300PL running XP Pro
P2 - 350mhz, 224mb RAM, 4gb HD(operating system), 120gb HD(4 partitions)
Intel 82371AB/EB Motherboard
***I am using this computer as a print server, jukebox, fax/answering machine, storage solution and eventually a tivo***

Thanks in advance for any help!

djb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks