Remote Controls for STR-DE925

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JorgeN, Dec 21, 2001.

1. JorgeN

JorgeN Extra

I need help!!!!! My Sony STR-DE925's remote recently died. I purchased an RCA universal remote (it cost 29.99), and it could not handle the intricate features of the original remote. Anyway, can someone please recommend a remote that will provide the same service as the one that came with my receiver!!
    ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    Thanks!![​IMG]

2. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Auditioning

I'm using the Home Theater Master SL9000 with mine, and it does a pretty good job. It worked fine out of the box, but having the original remote available (using the learning mode) made it work better. For instance, the receiver does have discreet on/off codes that had to be "learned" from the original remote. This made the on/off macros work perfectly.

Accessing the "sound fields" with the SL9000 isn't easy, but, again, it will learn them.

I realize this doesn't help too much, since you don't have the original remote working, but its a start.

For daily use, the SL9000 is fine for me. If you need regular access to all of the original remote's abilities, you might be better off with a pronto or one of the other high dollar remotes.

Good luck,

Jim

3. JorgeN

JorgeN Extra

How much does your remote cost? I have seen some of the higher priced models, but that will just drive me to get a new receiver altogether; I get frustrated easily with stuff like this!!

Thanks for your assistance.

4. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Auditioning

I bought it for $110, originally.
    http://www.dish-network.com/Universa...00.htm#SL-9000
    Its $88 at this site, but you may be able to get it elsewhere if you check closely. I understand how you feel about the price of remotes... $400 or so for a new Pronto, vs. $499 for a new Outlaw receiver. I know where I'd spend my $$$.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions about the SL9000 and/or the STRDE925.
    Jim

5. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    if you're gonna spend that much on a remote, scrape up like $30 more and get a Pronto TSU1000 from J&R for ~$130. best deal in town.