What's new

Remote Control software for the Dell Axim? (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I recently bought a Dell Axim in anticipation of using Griffin Mobile's fabulous Total Remote software on it. Unfortunately, I missed the small print caveat on the Griffin Mobile web site that says the Axim is not supported. Rats! Anybody know of any other software that turns my Axim into an A/V remote control, ala Total Remote?

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip, Gabriel. It looks like you've got some experience with their product. Any impressions?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Bill,

I like their product. It's not the easiest to use (you actually use pronto edit). However, it's powerful, and very customizable. Since it uses Pronto Edit, you can download all of the CCF files off of remote central.

BTW, why don't you at least try the program out? There's a free trial download. The range will be absolutely horrid on your Axim until the new IR sender comes out (about 6' or so). But you can at least play around with it. The range on my Jornada isn't great either, about 12-15' or so.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I got an e-mail today from the folks at PDAwin.com suggesting that I check back in a few days for an Axim-specific product annoucement. I am curious what level of support they're going to offer--software only, or software and hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks