Remote conflict...CP67_RP82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Nelms, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Mike Nelms

Mike Nelms Extra

I was given a RP82 for XMAS. I already have a CP67 and now have a remote conflict. I use my 47WX52 remote to control the players. Well now they both do the same thing when I use the remote. Can I assign a different code for each to use from my 47WX52 remote? I am going to use the CP67 for CD/MP3 play only. This equipment is set up thru a Sony STR-DE485(which I also need to control). Do I need a different remote all together? If so any suggestions on something reasonable? Any help would be awesome!

Thank you!
    Mike

PT-47WX52
    STD-DE485
    DVD-CP67
    DVD-RP82
    KLH small Surround SPKR set

2. Jamey F

Jamey F Stunt Coordinator

I think you'll have to get another player. The machines seem to use the same codes, so if that's the case, you won't be able to use them together in the same line of sight as your remote. Even if you switch remotes, the new remote will ahve to send the same codes to operate the players.

3. TimothyE

TimothyE Stunt Coordinator

I have two ReplayTVs, each of which I can operate from both locations.

What has worked for me, but may not be applicable for DVD players, is to have one unit on while the other is off. The remote will not affect the unit that is off until I turn it on. Turning it on (Power button) turns the other off at the same time.

The other solution that I use in conjunction with that method is to cover the IR eye of the unit I don't want to control at the time with a "mask".

Tim

4. Mike Nelms

Mike Nelms Extra

Thanks for all the feedback guys!! Happy New Year!