Remote Code

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ellen_L, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Ellen_L

Ellen_L Auditioning

I need a remote code for a motorola digital cable box - DCT2000. Can anyone help me out with this?

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Ellen,

The answer to this question will greatly depend on what exactly you're talking about. Every universal remote brand uses an entirely different system of codes for different remotes and products (and to be honest you never even mentioned this was a universal remote- so i'm even making an assumption there).

Without knowing what remote you're using, or exactly what you're doing - it's tough to help. It's kinda like popping onto a forum like this one and asking "Hey, what channel is TLC on" without mentioning where you live, what cable system you use, or even if you have cable at all...

But if you post some additional information, I'm sure someone might be able to help you.

-Vince

3. Ellen_L

Ellen_L Auditioning

okay...the remote is a Denon RC920.

4. Ellen_L

Ellen_L Auditioning

.....and I'm trying to get the digital cable box (Motorola DCT2000) to work with the remote. I found codes for the other HT components that I input into the receiver's remote that allowed me to use the remote to control them, but can't seem to find a code for the cable box. Thanks!

5. Bob Sheen

Bob Sheen Stunt Coordinator

Hi Ellen,

I did a bit of searching for you on a remote control forum. I couldn't find anything specific for your remote, but it seems like there was some concensus that a code for "General Instrument" may work with you Motorola. From what i read, Motorola is apparently a re-branded General Instrument.

Try the codes that are listed for GI for your remote. That may solve your problem.

Good lcuk,

Bob

6. Ellen_L

Ellen_L Auditioning

Thanks Bob....I'll check it out!

7. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I helped my neighbor program his RCA touchscreen universal remote to work his new digital Motorola Cable Box (Don't know the model number) and one of the "JERROLD" codes ended up working it so you might try "Jerrold Codes" too. Hope this helps you out [​IMG]

8. Kurt_U

Kurt_U Agent

Ellen_L,

You can probably find someone with the codes at http://www.remotecentral.com/

I have the same MT box as you and found the buttons/codes for it at Remote Central for use on my Pronto 1000. I would give you the codes, but my pronto edit software doesn't display them after they are entered -- although you can simply reference commands from templates downloaded from Remote Central.

Does your Denon remote not have the ability to learn codes from another remote? I would assume that you have the remote that came with the cable box. While it is not so quick to teach a remote this way, it does ussually work.

9. Ellen_L

Ellen_L Auditioning

Thanks Kurt and Bill...I'll try both suggestions. Hadn't had time yet with superbowl watching, etc...