What's new

Remodeling HT Room (1 Viewer)

hendricksonET

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I am in the process of remodeling a room to make it a HT room. I'm going to be running some in-wall speaker cable and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on some nice speaker cable that I don't have to worry about trying to replace at some point. Not too pricy please, its my first house and when I sell it the next owners may not appreciate quality cables :)

Thanks!

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Obviously, you should get a second mortgage and purchase the most expensive speaker wire on the planet. Be sure that there's proprietary winding techniques used to ensure that the electric sound waves travel at the correct ratio for the ohms of your speakers divided by the maximum watts you expect to run on your $10,000 receiver.

Just kidding. A $40 spool of 12 gauge copper speaker wire from Lowes will work fine in my opinion. Just make sure that you make good, solid connections. Wire gauge and good connections are what matter. Use a critical ear for all the other marketing stuff out there.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I thought for sure I'd be flamed by the powerful expensive wire lobby.

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
i buy all wire and cables on Ebay.

I have never had a problem.

last purchase was 150' of 14gauge speaker wire for about $21 shipped.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Now I remember why I like this forum so much. Logic prevails! (i.e. people agree with me)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks