What's new

Reminder: New Fantastic Four Animated on Cartoonnetwork Starting Sat. 9/3/06 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Don' t know if anyone saw the coming attractions this airs on Saturday. I'll post the time when I get it.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This is the first I had heard of it. I saw the listing and hoped that it was the 60s series then figured it was one of the 90s episodes. I'm gonna add to the DVR then go google this new series. Thanks for the heads up! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
There's a Newsarama.com interview with Marvel Animation Supervising Producer Eric Rollman. It goes into detail (i.e. spoilers) about the show and about some of the other animated things Marvel is working on. The article also had some cool poster and animatic art. I personally loved the art direction for Dr. Doom. Very cool looking.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I don't think these are the 90's episodes, these are new releases. I saw this on one of the sites and this is one of the few things coming out from Marvel. Dr. Strange the animated movie is scheduled out in 2007 also.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And Saturday, mentioned in the title of the thread, the body of the first message and the article linked to, is September 2nd. Typos happen.

Regards,

Joe

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I was a bit disappointing. Their version of Johnny lacked any of the charisma of the movie/comic book/any other version and was annoying to the extreme. I'm gonna stick around a few more pes, at least to see how they tackle Victor Von Doom.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'll give it another look next week, but so far, not impressed. It has everything I don't like about anime, which I think is a wildly over-rated 'art form" to begin with. When did Sue turn into an alternately whiny and angry twit? (Fainting? PUH-lease!) Johnny was equally annoying. But they do get points for being consistent. Johnny behaved like a big enough jerk to make believe that he'd actually have that haircut. (Speaking of cut, Johnny and Sue both look they could stab you to death with their chins. Family trait?) And does Ben have to be so ridiculously large and out-of-proportion? And his head so tiny?

Like I said, I'll see what next week looks like and if they've done a better job of finding the character's fingerprints. So far it looks like just your generic anime piece with stock characters from a dozen Japanese series that have come before with the names and powers of the real FF grafted onto them.

Regards,

Joe

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Each one of you observations were my exactly. Sue doesn't faint, Ben don't stand two foot above everybody and Reed isn't as unconfident as in this new series. I was also thinking "geez, is every animated show now done by anime artists?". I got nothing against anime (I love Ghost in the Shell, Akira and couple others movies and series). Other than those previous mentioned faults it was somewhat ok. I'll look in on it next episode. At my age I guess I'm just old school art superhero fan like those superhero toons from the early 90's and before. Although I enjoy the recent justice league (+ unlimited) toons. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Especially the Ultimate Sue Storm is not a fainter. They typically make her the toughest, most capable member of the team--popping blood vessels with her force fields, for example.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Disappointed as well, the killer is my son loved it and he's 5. I felt sorrow for Reed because Sue Storm reminded me of a nagging wife with powers no doubt.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

They should get Katy Sagal, formerly of Married with Children, now heard on Futurama to vocie Sue. I think it would make more sense for this version of Sue Storm to sound like Peg Bundy than it does for Leela to do so. :D

Regards,

Joe

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
We had bad weather here in NYC and the satellite feed kept cutting out so I couldn't watch it.

I tried checking out the Cartoon Network website to check the schedule but I found it difficult to find anything there.

Does anyone know if the first episode will re-air sometime?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I enjoy some Anime. I am getting tired of every cartoon being done that way. I was also turned off by the same comments everyone else has made. Makes me miss Timm's Batman/Superman/JLA even more. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks