What's new

Reminder if you're ordering from Amazon (1 Viewer)

Craig

Second Unit
Keep checking back after you order for price drops. I ordered a Samsung DLP TV for $1499, checked back a couple of weeks later and it had dropped to $1399. I called Amazon and received a $100 credit without any hassle at all. Same deal today. I had ordered a digital camera for $185 and received it about 2 days ago. I checked today and it was listed at $160, called and received a $25 credit.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
You might also want to use a site like priceprotectr.com. You enter the URL of the item you purchased (can adjust the price to what you paid if it has changed since then). It will send you an e-mail if the price drops within 30 days. I use it not only to watch the prices of what I purchased, but things I have my eye on.

Ron>E

Grip
Real Name
Ron Lamb
I bought a Toshiba HD-DVD Player on Wensday for 199.98 with free next day shipping and today its only 182.50 so I called amazon and they gave me the credit so I applied it towards Blade Runner HD-DVD CE and she told me my total was only 7.90 Ya Hoo! more then I expected. Gotta love Amazon.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Is this an officially advertised policy? I know they'll give you a reduced price on a pre-order if the price drops before they ship it but I didn't know anything about a refund after they ship something.

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, this is an Amazon policy, their "Post-Order Price Guarantee." If the price drops within 30 days of when the item is shipped to you, you can get a refund on the price difference. The main difference between this policy and the Pre-Order guarantee is that with the Post-Order guarantee, it's not automatic. You have to contact customer service and tell them you want a refund on the price drop. You have to do this each time you see a price drop. I've received five seperate refunds for the Toshiba HD-A3 I purchased. I paid about $232, but the price has dropped as low as around $175, so I've received almost $57 in refunds so far.

You can read more about this policy on the Help page at Amazon.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I've used priceprotectr.com for awhile now and I highly recommend it. It's too hard to remember to check back on purchases on my own, but this has alerted me to price drops very nicely. Sometimes amazon will drop a price for only a short time so it helps you hit that window that you could easily miss if you checked sporadically on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks