What's new

Remember The Titans WS- NO Audio! HELP! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Just picked up this DVD Tuesday, and watched it -the movie only, no extras- from start to finish. Everything was fine. Then, following the credits I went back to the beginning, and I saw the video portion, but there was absolutely no sound at all
frown.gif
I thought I did something in the 'set up' portion to screw it up, doublechecked and I didn't. Had to stop it completely, re-start it then it was back to normal.
My daughter told me that she watched it the following day, went to the commentary portion following the movie with the same results. Can someone help me with this? I did a search but it returned no results.
Oh - my player is a Panasonic RP-56, and I'm currently watching it on a 4:3 television. Looks like after Christmas before I get my Onkyo 595 and NSP1's, so I'm not fully functional yet!
(Wasn't sure where to post this, since it may involve 2 circumstances-sorry!)
blush.gif

[Edited last by WilliamG on November 17, 2001 at 12:54 PM]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sounds to me like you may have accidentally turned on the DTS track. If you turn on a DTS track and you don't have a DTS-compatible system, you won't get any sound.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Note: Remember The Titans is the only DVD I own that has the DTS track on default on all the DVD players I tried it on (good for people who love DTS, bad for people who don't have DTS set-ups).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it, in a hole six foot deep."

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Scott, Matthew, & Luke,
I checked out the set-up before I did ANYthing and the DTS *wasn't* selected.
As an addendum: I watched the full movie w/commentary of both coaches last night,as a change of pace, then selected the movie only and everything was alright. I don't get it. At first I thought it was the disc, now I'm thinking for some reason that it's the player; although I read somewhere in here about Disney DVD's messin' with your mind like this!
This still has me bumfuzzled.
confused.gif

patriot.gif
patriot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks